MAY 2020 – What is the impact of the crisis on the current hospital activity in your country? The Spanish private health sector has lived through three very different scenarios:
- A separation has been put in place in covid-19 clean and safe circuits for patients and healthcare personnel.
- Hygiene and disinfection measures have been increased, with the frequent use of disinfectant for both hands and surfaces, and the obligation to use masks and gloves for doctors.
- Diagnostic tests are carried out in a generalized way to all the patients who are going to be operated on or are in the delivery rooms.
- Patients consultations are scheduled further apart to avoid crowds in the waiting rooms.
- New spaces have been created to promote greater social distancing.
- Visits to inpatients are limited.
- Whenever possible physical examination will be carried out at a safe distance.
- General recommendation to patients, except when strictly necessary, to arrive at consultations without companions and with greater punctuality to limit contact with other patients.
- And even preventive quarantines are assessed in necessary cases.