Today, 16th November, we are launching the European Alliance for Value in Health: https://www.europeanallianceforvalueinhealth.eu
UEHP is member of this alliance together with other 10 associations representing patients, scientific and professional societies, healthcare managers, hospitals, regional health authorities and life-science industries.
Those 11 associations today form the European Alliance for Value in Health in order to CONNECT different stakeholders to CREATE conditions and INSPIRE others. The vision of the Alliance for a value-based, sustainable and patient-centred health system is one where:
- Outcomes that matter to people and patients, as well as benefits valued by health systems and societies, are at the centre of decision-making;
- Interventions and services addressing prevention, social care and healthcare are organized in an integrated way around people and patients;
- Resources are allocated towards high value care and prevention, with outcomes and costs of care measured holistically;
- Continuous learning, education and healthcare improvement is based on evidence, and supported by data and insights;
- Innovative ways of care delivery are fostered;
- Financing models and payments reward value and outcomes.
The Alliance will work together towards this goal through building a common understanding of the enablers and barriers to transforming health systems in this direction, through sharing and spreading knowledge and best practices and through engaging with policy makers and stakeholders at European, regional and local levels. Among other things, the Alliance will:
- Issue joint opinions on current health policy topics or the specific elements and enablers of a value-based system;
- Bring together the members of our organisations to network and exchange views;
- Connect with other actors at European, national or local level that work towards the same goals;
- Provide a hub for news and knowledge.