The second edition – which will be held in Lisbon, on May 25th – surpasses by 20% the number of applications received last year.
With the High Patronage of the Presidency of the Portuguese Republic, the European Union of Private Hospitals (UEHP) and the Portuguese Association of Private Hospitals (APHP), in partnership with EY, organise once again the European Private Hospital Awards.
This second edition, which will take place in Lisbon on May 25th, has received 87 applications from 10 European countries, significantly surpassing the 72 submissions of the first edition, which was also held in Portugal.
Applications come from the following countries: Portugal, Spain, France, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Bulgaria, Poland, Greece and Italy.
The European Private Hospital Awards – an initiative created by the APHP and UEHP to acknowledge the growing and outstanding contribution of 5,000 private hospitals and clinics towards better access to care in Europe – will honour the most outstanding performance and best practices in seven categories:
- BEST PATIENT-FOCUSED INITIATIVE
- GREEN HOSPITALS AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- INNOVATION IN HEALTH
- COLLABORATIVE PROJECTS IN HEALTH
- WORKPLACE EXCELLENCE
- BEST HEALTH NEWS COVERAGE
- BEST APPLICATION
The evaluation process will be led by an independent international jury, composed of ten European personalities from or closely associated with the healthcare sector:
- Carlo Signorelli – Fondazione Sanità Futura
- Cristian Silviu Busoi– Member of the European Parliament (MEP)
- Christian Egle – Ernst & Young (EY)
- Véronique Molières – Committee for Sustainable Development in Health (C2DS)
- Isabel Aldir – Advisor to the Presidency of the Portuguese Republic
- Hans Martens – Expert on European health policy
- Joaquim Cunha – Health Cluster Portugal (HCP)
- Carina Escobar – Spanish Platform of Patient Organizations (POP)
- Felisbela Lopes – Media Expert
- Clara Almeida Santos – Media Expert
For Oscar Gaspar, president of APHP and vice-president of UEHP, “considering the dynamism of the European private hospital sector, the level of specialisation achieved, the leading position in terms of investment, management, focus on the patient and clinical approaches, these awards were long overdue”.
As Dr. Paul Garassus, president of UEHP, reported “UEHP is very pleased to bring together the entire European private hospital community at this event organised by the Portuguese Association. Faced with the challenges of innovation, sustainability, and quality of health services, we will be rewarding the best achievements of all our members, as a testimony of our commitment to serve European citizens. Our strength is our spirit of initiative and the professionalisation of efficient solutions”