With the motto “A Europe that protects”, Austria took over the Presidency of the Council of the European Union on 1 July 2018.
- security and the fight against illegal migration
- securing prosperity and competitiveness through digitalisation
- stability in the neighbourhood.This one also includes the goal of supporting the continued efforts of the Western Balkan countries to move closer to the EU.
- Fair working conditions for everyone
- Mobility, health and safety at the workplace and accessibility
- Health and consumer protection
- Women and gender equality